Senior Tennis Players Club Membership
Join STPC in three simple steps:
Step 1: Review and rate your Tennis Skill Level
Tennis Skill Level Definitions
2.0 You lack court experience and your strokes need developing. You are familiar with the basic positions for singles and doubles play.
2.5 You are learning to judge where the ball is going, although your court coverage is limited. You can sustain a short rally of slow pace with other players of the same ability.
3.0 You are fairly consistent when hitting medium-paced shots, but are not comfortable with all strokes and lack execution when trying for directional control, depth, or power. Your most common doubles formation is one-up, one-back.
3.5 You have achieved improved stroke dependability with directional control on moderate shots, but need to develop depth and variety. You exhibit more aggressive net play, have improved court coverage and are developing teamwork in doubles.
4.0 You have dependable strokes, including directional control and depth on both forehand and backhand sides on moderate-paced shots. You can use lobs, overheads, approach shots and volleys with some success and occasionally force errors when serving. Rallies may be lost due to impatience. Teamwork in doubles is evident.
4.5 You have developed your use of power and spin and can handle pace. You have sound footwork, can control depth of shots, and attempt to vary game plan according to your opponents. You can hit first serves with power and accuracy and place the second serve. You tend to over hit on difficult shots. Aggressive net play is common in doubles.
5.0 You have good shot anticipation and frequently have an outstanding shot or attribute around which a game may be structured. You can regularly hit winners or force errors off of short balls and can put away volleys. You can successfully execute lobs, drop shots, half volleys, overhead smashes, and have good depth and spin on most second serves.
5.5 You have mastered power and/or consistency as a major weapon. You can vary strategies and styles of play in a competitive situation and hit dependable shots in a stress situation.
6.0 to 7.0 You have had intensive training for national tournament competition at the junior and collegiate levels and have obtained a sectional and/or national ranking.
7.0 You are a world-class player.
Step 2: Review our Membership Levels
- E-Update: a monthly short email update distributed by MailChimp features upcoming drills, clinics, and events.
- Senior Tennis Times: more in-depth news and tennis coverage. Both online and print versions will be published four times a year.
- Membership Roster: the online version is updated daily; the print version is published at the end of the year.
- Play tennis and socialize with the STPC!
- The “E-Update,” a monthly short email update
- The “Senior Tennis Times,” a longer online newsletter (4x in 2016)
- A printed and mailed copy of the “Senior Tennis Times”
- Access to the online membership roster
Basic + Printed Membership Roster
- Basic membership
- Plus printed Membership Roster mailed to you at the end of the year
Pay By Check
- The Pay By Check Membership Level is for people who want to create a Membership Profile online and pay by check, not credit card.
- Until your account has been activated, this Membership Level does NOT give you access to certain Member benefits, such as the membership roster, paying for events, and access to the Board of Directors information. Please allow up to 2 weeks for your membership to be activated by STPC.
Cost: Send your check by mail (not a free membership).
Note: If you DO NOT want to create a Membership Profile online and want to Pay By Check by mail, see Pay By Check Option B (PDF) in Step 3: Become a Member.
Step 3: Become a member
Sign Up or Renew Your Membership
Please follow the steps under one of the bulleted items “Online Membership Sign Up” or “Pay By Check Membership Sign Up” below.
Online Membership Sign Up
Have your Skill Level, Membership Level, and credit card ready.
The easiest way to sign up is online. Just click the “Join or Renew Now Online!” button below.
If you register online, you will become an active STPC Member right after you register!
Note: The Apple iPad may not allow your online payment to process, please try another computer.
Pay By Check Membership Sign Up
There are two options to Pay By Check. Please allow up to 2 weeks for your STPC membership to be activated. YOU MUST COMPLETELY FILL OUT A MEMBERSHIP FORM FOR EACH PERSON BEING REGISTERED.
Option A: For people who want to create their own Membership Profile online and pay by mail.
Click to Pay By Check Option A (PDF)
Option B: For people who don’t have email OR for people who don’t want to create their own Membership Profile online and want to pay by mail.
Click to Pay By Check Option B (PDF)